Plodcast Ep. 17
Tune in to listen to Pastor Wilson break down the recent Texas church shooting, looking at the shooting in terms of apologetics. Then he jumps into reviewing Rene Gerard's book Job, the Victim of His People, finishing off the episode with a look at the Greek word "hairetikos". Have a nice listen!
RSS Feed: http://canonpress.libsyn.com/rss
Get the weekly Plodcast emailed to you: http://canonpress.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=7c049fc7f2904e30e1ac37ebf&id=db9614c891
Texas Church Shooting:
- looking at the shooting in terms of apologetics
- if atheism is true then there is no such thing as justice
- if it is possible to escape justice then there is no such thing as justice
Rene Gerard's "Job, the Victim of His People":
- warning against strict "Gerardianism"
- Job has a very similar setup to the story of Oedipus Rex
- his insights are a remarkable key to unlock the book of Job
- only used once in the New Testament, Titus 3:10
- we like to pretend that all our opinions, whatever they might be, are arrived at honestly. But the apostle tells us quite different here.