Plodcast Ep. 52
Welcome to the Plodcast! Listen in to hear Pastor Wilson talk about the writing life, walking you through the three steps to take if you want to become a writer. After that he plods on to review Wesley Hill’s “Spiritual Friendship”. Finally Wilson takes a look at Hamartia and Hamartano in Galatians and Ephesians. Happy Plodding!
RSS Feed: http://canonpress.libsyn.com/rss
Get the weekly episodes in your inbox: http://canonpress.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=7c049fc7f2904e30e1ac37ebf&id=db9614c891
- Many people want to be writers but they don’t want to actually write
- You have to pay your dues
- 1. Pay attention to your schooling. Do your work!
- 2. Don’t be writer who has written more books than you’ve read. Read!
- 3. Write! Don’t write after you have gotten the contract.
- Commit yourself to writing a certain amount each day
- Written by Wesley Hill
- Hill proposes that friendship is a solution to the gay challenges of being celibate
- Erotic love is face to face, friendship love is shoulder to shoulder
- Wesley tries to meld the face to face demeanor together with the shoulder to shoulder
- This is not wise
Hamartia and Hamartano
- Looking at the words hamartia and hamartano in Galatians
- Mentioned in Galatians 1:4, 2:17, 3:22
- Mentioned in Ephesians 2:1, 4:26