In Episode 3, Pastor Wilson explains the cheap and un-compassionate nature of Seattle’s new minimum wage laws, plugs G.K Beale’s “We Become What We Worship,” and unpacks the “lewd fellows of the baser sort” in Acts 17:5. Be sure to join him every Wednesday for the newest edition of the Plodcast. Happy plodding!
• Minimum Wage laws are an unemployment incentive.
• Why not $100 a minute?
• We Become What We Worship - G.K. Beale
• Beale shows this is one of the grand themes in the scriptures that can be traced throughout the whole bible.
12:52—Lexicon of Sins “agoraios"
• KJV: “lewd fellow of the baser sort”
• ESV: “rabble”
• John Knox: that rascal multitude
• This particular evil refers to worthless fellows who hang around with time on their hands, waiting to be employed by the envious evil that resides uptown. In scripture these men are used by the wicked.