Introductory Logic: The Fundamentals of Thinking Well
Studying formal logic can be intimidating without the right help, but knowing how to think logically isn't just for "experts." Logic should be your secret weapon. It's the tool for learning how to use other tools. It's the bones that give a clenched fist its structure (and knuckles). With that in mind, we have painstakingly designed Introductory Logic for everyday students, teachers, and parents who've never tackled syllogisms or fallacies before, but who know just how important learning logic is.
In Introductory Logic, you'll get the benefit of our years of teaching experience as you learn the fundamentals you need to think well wherever you are, including:
- How to properly define terms for maximum precision and accuracy -- and thus win the debate,
- How to form and interpret statements, the building blocks of logical thought,
- How to compose valid syllogisms, and -- just as importantly -- expose the invalid fakes using counterexamples,
- How to analyze arguments in normal English,
- How to identify and deflect informal fallacies (one of the most instantly applicable parts of logic),
- And much more!
Anybody can do Introductory Logic. Brand new, clean, easy-to-read layout, lots of margin notes for key points and further study, a step-by-step modern method, and exercises for every lesson (plus review questions and review exercises for every unit) all make Introductory Logic the perfect choice for establishing an in-your-bones knowledge of the fundamentals of thinking well.
Get all the Introductory Logic resources in easy-to-use bundles:
Introductory Logic Program with DVD Course: $110 (list: $146). Contains: the Student Edition, the Teacher Edition, the Test & Quiz Packet for one student, and the all-new DVD Course.
Introductory Logic Program: $59 (list: $71). Contains: the Student Edition, the Teacher Edition, and the Test & Quiz Packet for one student.
Click here to download the errata sheet for Introductory Logic. We will update as we are made of any errors -- thanks for letting us know anything you catch!