Imitation is how most of us learn anything—from learning a new language to mastering a skill. Why do we neglect his powerful tool when it comes to learning to write?
Imitation in Writing is a curriculum that teaches students to write by giving students simple stories to retell in their own words. Students are given step-by-step instructions on how to outline, retell, and edit their retellings of classic fables, myths, and legends.
Designed by veteran Logos School teacher and superintendent Matt Whitling, this curriculum is perfect for both classrooms and for homeschoolers. Whether your student is eager to write or struggles with it, Imitation in Writing allows students to get plenty of practice writing.
This new edition has been specially adapted with several new features:
- Weekly schedules for both classrooms and homeschoolers
- Detailed instructions for every step in the writing process
- Carefully edited classic stories for your students to imitate
- Sidebars with historical notes or the moral of the story
- Optional activities that allow students to be retell their stories with a creative twist
This book features twenty-five stories about famous Greek heroes like Hercules, Theseus, and Perseus. Some of them your students will be familiar with, and some of them will be new and surprising. These stories will help familiarize your students with much of classical mythology.
AUTHOR: Matt Whitling
PAGE COUNT: 178 pages
ISBN 10: 193044320X
ISBN 13: 9781930443204
RELEASE DATE: June 7, 2022
Your cart is currently empty.Start Shopping