The importance of the spoken and written word in Christian culture
cannot be overestimated: Teach your children grammar with Our Mother Tongue.
In this English grammar guide, Nancy Wilson surveys the major concepts in English grammar for beginners at the late elementary and junior high level (recommended grades 6-9).
She avoids common, contrived sentences that serve merely to illustrate her point; instead, she uses many selections from Scripture and from great English writers which help to instruct the student through their content, style, and structure. In addition to a helpful format that highlights key definitions, punctuation issues, and important concepts, short historical sidebars tell the fascinating story of the development of English.
Find out why Our Mother Tongue swerves the soul crushing weight of Shurley English while maintaining insightful lessons, various exercises, and great quotes!
• Completely new and user-friendly layout.
• Semester-long daily schedules for classes meeting one to five days a week.
• Brand new sections on topics not covered in the previous edition, such as the famous Oxford comma
• Exercises designed by the author, based on the prose of the Bible and other famous authors
• Fun quotes at the beginning of each chapter about grammar, the rules of punctuation, and much more
Nancy has been a pastor’s wife and homemaker in Moscow, Idaho for more than thirty years. She is the author of a number of books including True Companion, Building Her House, The Fruit of Her Hands, and Praise Her in the Gates, and a regular contributor to feminagirls.com. She and her husband Douglas have three children and seventeen grandchildren, which makes for some crazy Sabbath dinners.