Imitation is how most of us learn anything—from learning a new language to mastering a skill. Why do we neglect his powerful tool when it comes to learning to write?
Imitation in Writing is a curriculum that teaches students to write by giving students simple stories to retell in their own words. Students are given step-by-step instructions on how to outline, retell, and edit their retellings of classic fables, myths, and legends.
Designed by veteran Logos School teacher and superintendent Matt Whitling, this curriculum is perfect for both classrooms and for homeschoolers. Whether your student is eager to write or struggles with it, Imitation in Writing allows students to get plenty of practice writing.
This new edition has been specially adapted with several new features:
- Weekly schedules for both classrooms and homeschoolers
- Detailed instructions for every step in the writing process
- Carefully edited classic stories for your students to imitate
- Sidebars with historical notes or the moral of the story
- Optional activities that allow students to be retell their stories with a creative twist
This book features twenty-seven Greek Myths. Some of them are familiar, such as Midas and the Golden Touch or the story of Prosperpina and Hades, and some will be unfamiliar and strange, but they will all help familiarize your students with much of classical mythology.
AUTHOR: Matt Whitling
PAGE COUNT: 220 pages
ISBN 10: 1930443129
ISBN 13: 9781930443129
RELEASE DATE: June 7, 2022
Your cart is currently empty.Start Shopping