The Cantus 2020 Piano version now splits the Cantus into two spiral-bound volumes with durable plastic sheet covers. The sheet music is also expanded to fill an 8.5x11" page for ease of use.
Part 1 is the Psalms (front matter and #s 1-300). Part 2 is the Hymns and Service Music (#s 301-744 and end matter).
Recover our great Christian musical heritage!
Our affections are shaped and molded by the music we sing and hear.
Currently, the happy clappy Evangelical church is limited to a very small range of musical expression, and if our music does not train us to vigorously celebrate or to bitterly lament, how will we and our children be prepared when great victories or great tragedies confront us.
Will we have the right words come to our minds?
This piano accompaniment edition of the 2020 Cantus Christi includes some familar classics (A Mighty Fortress; And Can It Be; Holy, Holy, Holy; When I Survey the Wondrous Cross; etc.) and some memorable but sadly unknown compositions (St. Patrick's Breastplate; The Son of God Goes Forth to War) and over a hundred and twenty Psalms. "Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, And His praise in the assembly of saints."
This accompaniment edition is spiral bound and printed on 8.5 x11 paper and is designed specifically for worship.
Cantus 2020 new songs:
- Complete Psalter with triple the settings: Cantus 2020 contains at least one complete metrical setting of every Psalm (increased from 114 to 300)
- More than double the number of Hymns (increased from 189 to 402, yes now it includes Amazing Grace!)
- More Service Music (increased from 28 to 42)
- More fuguing tunes (increased from 6 to 26)
- Removed all chants, decreased the bulk of the Genevan Psalms by half, and added all 50 through-composed Erb Psalms.
- Page count doubled: 478 to 830 pages. The price did not double: $23.00 list price (20% discount available during preorder only, $18.40).
- Easy-clean gray Kivar cover stock
- Weight increase: 2.3lbs to 2.7lbs (width increase: 1.5” to 1.75”)
- All-new formatting with high-visibility page numbers and text
- Introductions by Douglas Wilson, Ben Zornes, and Michael E. Owens
- Original, unabridged lyrics for classic songs
AUTHOR: Christ Church
PAGE COUNTS: Vol 1: 387 pp; Vol 2: 445 pp.
BINDING: Spiral Bound