Get everything you need to teach your eighth grader Introductory Logic with this complete Canon Logic Series bundle. The 2019 DVD Course is included!
Studying formal logic can be intimidating without the right help, but knowing how to think logically isn't just for "experts." Logic should be your secret weapon. It's the tool for learning how to use other tools. It's the bones that give a clenched fist its structure (and knuckles). With that in mind, we have painstakingly designed Intermediate Logic for everyday students, teachers, and parents who've never used truth tables or formal proofs of validity to work with syllogisms, but who know just how important and applicable learning logic is.
Whether your students are learning in a brick-and-mortar school or a homeschool or online, you teachers and parents know how important logic is—but that doesn't make the technical aspects of the subject any easier (in fact the fundamental nature of the subject makes it even more intimidating!). We've painstakingly designed Intermediate Logic with that tension in mind: you'll get the benefit of our years of teaching experience, so mastering logic will be as painless (and rewarding!) as possible for any student.
Anybody can learn from Intermediate Logic. The whole series takes advantage of a brand new, clean, easy-to-read layout, lots of margin notes for key points and further study, a step-by-step modern method, and exercises for every lesson (plus review questions and exercises for every unit).
- A daily lesson schedule for completing Intermediate Logic in a semester or a year-long course.
- Answers to all exercises, review questions, review exercises, quizzes, and tests in the order they are taught.
- Contains the entire Student Edition text—with the same page numbers as the Student Edition! No more flipping back and forth between answer keys and textbook.
- Detailed daily lesson plans for the entire textbook explain each lesson's daily Student Objectives, Special Notes, step-by-step Teaching Instructions with bolded terms, advice, and more examples, Assignments for each lesson, and Optional Exercises for further exploration and integration.
The Intermediate Logic Complete Package contains:
- How to interpret and analyze logical operators and truth tables by reviewing and applying the concepts of validity, contradiction, consistency, and equivalence,
- How to internalize the nine basic rules of inference to derive an argument's conclusions from its premises,
- How to easily determine consistency, self-contradiction, tautology, equivalence, and validity by using truth trees,
- How to apply all these skills to real-life thinkers and writers wherever you encounter them,
- An all-new optional unit on understanding digital logic, the "language" which modern gadgets (from digital alarm clock displays to computer processors) use to function.